[Zope] Re: so many zope books - which is prefered?

Dan Shafer pydan@danshafer.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:06:16 -0700

I agree that the Zope Book, available free online at zope.org, is the best
book to start with.

But I would say that I found the most value in Zope Bible as my second
book. You have to learn to do Python if you're going to take Zope to where
it can be and wants to go. The Zope Bible is the only of the books you
mentioned that really digs into the Python aspects of Zope. Very
informative and quite well done.

Building new products in Zope -- which is almost certainly what you want to
do even if you don't yet know that clearly -- is best done in Python, not
using the Zope ZClasses, which are apparently quite fragile and
obstreperous. That certainly has been my experience in any case.

Dan Shafer, Chief Scribe and Tablet Keeper
PythonCard Open Source Project
http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net