[Zope] Bizarre, Frustrating Browser-Specific Behavior?

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:33:41 +0200

Dan Shafer wrote:

> 2. Working in Netscape 6 and/or Mozilla 1.0 on Win2K, I had the same
> thing happen twice tonight. I edit a PythonScript object, Save
> Changes, get an error, click the "Back" button, and I'm on the page
> where that script is supposed to exist but the editing area is
> completely blank. Browser refresh does nothing. I lose the work.

Ah ok I see that you are having the problem with Python scripts, doh!

Perhaps it is a data transmission problem? Your data being garbled
somewhere on the way to your isp? These kind of problems are _not_
normal. Or else it would be all over the mailing list I assure you.

 - You should look at the common factors you have between your machines.
Are they on the same network/moden/adsl line this could be the cause of
the problem.

 - Are you using different machines on different locations, the problem
is most likely at your isp.

regards Max M

--

"Sorry I would Really Like To Help More On This Project,
But Am To Busy Doing Paid Work On A Tight Deadline"