[Zope] Apache, Zope, and SSL with dynamic IP?

Jack Coates jack@monkeynoodle.org
24 Jul 2002 13:10:37 -0700

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 11:14, Jordi YC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if anyone can point me to a howto to use Apache (https) as the
> front-end for a Zope server using a dynamic IP (cable)
>
> I have looked through the howto docs at zope and specially
> http://www.zope.org/Members/unfo/apache_zserver_ssl, but it seems that
> virtual hosts is not an option with ssl (?)
>
> Any suggestions or conf file examples?
>
> TIA,

An SSL-using virtual host is configured just like any other virtual host
from Apache's persective (and therefore to Zope's as well assuming
you're using ProxyPass or something to shift the traffic to Zope). I
would expect issues with that dynamic IP, though -- SSL certificates are
tied to IP addresses, which means the only cert you can use is the
testing cert that comes with mod_ssl.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...