[Zope] initalising zcom

Greg Conway greg@gmlnt.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 06:39:06 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to initialise zcom, to try and perform a mail merge with word!

I'm following the instructions here:

http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/993002968

and I'm stuck of course!

When I try to start zope now, I get the following error:

[root 2.5.0]# ./start
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/zope/2.5.0/z2.py", line 468, in ?
    import ZServer
  File "/usr/local/zope/2.5.0/ZServer/__init__.py", line 80, in ?
    from HTTPServer import zhttp_server, zhttp_handler
  File "/usr/local/zope/2.5.0/ZServer/HTTPServer.py", line 43, in ?
    from PubCore import handle
  File "/home/zope/2.5.0/ZServer/PubCore/__init__.py", line 1, in ?
    import zcom
  File "/home/zope/2.5.0/lib/python/zcom.py", line 16
    def init():
    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

This looks okay to me! and it's the same as in the link above... anybody got
any ideas what's going wrong here?!!!

Also, if I do ever get it working (and maybe this is the problem), the link
above goes on to say....

* now you have access to COM, you still need to copy the winXX files from
your
python distribution (or win32all extensions by Mark Hammond).

What are these? Where can I find them?

many thanks for any help!

Regards,

Greg Conway.

This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly
confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any action
in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify us by return and delete the same.
Further enquiries/returns can be posted to postmaster@gmlnt.com
Thank you.