[Zope] small RFC : how to enhance zopistas' web experience

Jerome Alet alet@librelogiciel.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:43:50 +0200

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 02:38:28PM +0200, Stephan Goeldi wrote:

> A problem would be: if a user has advanced rights on site A and limited
> rights on site B. So there must be an automatism which first checks the
> local acl and then the global one.

there would be no acl on the central server, only usernames + passwords

acls would be local to each site.

> Another one: What if I would like to register on site A but not on site B?

good question.

An easy solution is : if you don't need it then don't use it.
so if the user doesn't want to register on B he just has to never
click on the Login link :-)

Again this idea is not bullet-proof security wise but the goal is
not security, it's ease of use, without compromising security too much.

bye, and thanks to all for you comments

Jerome Alet