[Zope] Problems inserting into MySQL

Ed Leafe ed@leafe.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:56:23 -0400

On Thursday, July 25, 2002, at 03:27  PM, D. Rick Anderson wrote:

> That error is being genrated by your MySQL server. Here's what the
> MySQL manual has to say about that error down there:
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/N/o/Non-transactional_tables.html
>
> Not that it tells you much about fixing it. ;-)

	OK, I did a little digging via Google, and found out that if you
change the connection string to begin with a hyphen (e.g., instead of
"database@host user pass", make it "-database@host user pass"), Zope
won't try to use transactions. Good thing, since this is a MySQL MyISAM
table that doesn't support transactions! ;-)

	Once I did that, I got the real error message: there was a typo in
some DTML code that was called later on in the script. Now that that's
fixed, I'm back in business.

      ___/
     /
    __/