[Zope] Install Zope correctly

Oliver Marx oliver@tekk.dk
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 01:48:26 +0200

Dear List

I have just read this:
http://www.zope.org/Members/beacon/install_instructions

And I and a bit confused over this part: btw - the comments are mine.

#Client is connection to www.foobar.net and we do the RewriteRule dance.

    ServerName foobar.net
    ServerAlias www.foobar.net  # What the f..k ServerAlias outside
<VirtualHost> !! ??
    ServerAdmin admin
    DocumentRoot /var/zope-sites/FooBar/static
    CustomLog /var/zope-sites/FooBar/logs/access_log combined
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule ^/images/ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/foobar.net:80/MySites/FooBar/Virt
ualHostRoot/$1 [P]

 # The intention with this part seems to be that if the client tries to
connect to manage.foobar.net via http he is forced to use https.

    ServerName manage.foobar.net  # ?? ServerName used as a condition?
    ServerAdmin admin
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT}	!443
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://manage.foobar.net/$1 [P]

# The client is connecting to manage.foobar.net via https and we do the
usual RewriteRule dance.

    ServerAdmin admin
    DocumentRoot /var/zope-sites/FooBar/static
    CustomLog /var/zope-sites/FooBar/logs/access_log combined
    ServerName manage.foobar.net
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule ^/images/ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/https/manage.foobar.net:443/MySites/Fo
oBar/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [P]
    SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile /var/zope-sites/FooBar/conf/ssl/server.pub
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /var/zope-sites/FooBar/conf/ssl/server.key
    SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

How on earth is this supposed to work?
AFAIK One cannot use ServerName as a condition the way it seems to be used
here.

All comments welcome!

\Oliver
---