[Zope] Re: Speeding up Zope startup

douwe@oberon.nl douwe@oberon.nl
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:18:45 +0200

> Is anyone else running Zope on a Windows workstation (P3) and
> witnessing a
> good 30-s delay until Zope is up and running? BTW, I installed
> Zope on one
> of my brother's PCs (a P2), and it's close to a minute...

Hmm, you might want to check whether everything is okay with your
data.fs. If something is wrong, Zope rebuilds some stuff. Recompile
all your scripts, pack the database, see if that helps. I had a
similar thing at one time and the only thing that seemed to help
was starting over with a clean zope install and importing my old
site.

Douwe