[Zope] Uploading files into Zope via Web

Karen E. Roth poohbear0@rocketmail.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 07:32:58 -0700 (PDT)

I have a project I'm working on where people with the proper authorization will be permitted to
upload files (Zip files or possibly folders) into a holding place on my Zope server. The thing is
this needs to be done via the web, not FTP or by logging directly into the content management
interface. After searching zope.org the only thing I came up with that was even close was the
ZImporter, which is just for importing the .zexp or .xml files back into Zope. I could use a
database, but it seems like such overkill to have one running (And to have to maintain it) for
someone to upload a file every once in awhile and the file wouldn't even end up staying in the
database. Ultimately the goal is to have a web interface that only certain people can access and
someone will just place their file in the upload area and then never see where it goes or have to
worry anything at all about learning Zope or having FTP. Is this doable easily and I'm just
missing something? Or maybe a Product that I haven't found does this...I'm mainly fishing for
people's opinions on what would be the easiest and least painful solution to this. Thanks so much!