[Zope] Re: Speeding up Zope startup

Stephan Göldi goeldi@goeldi.com
26 Jul 2002 16:39:41 +0000

Am Fre, 2002-07-26 um 08.15 schrieb EvH:
> Is anyone else running Zope on a Windows workstation (P3) and witnessing a
> good 30-s delay until Zope is up and running? BTW, I installed Zope on one
> of my brother's PCs (a P2), and it's close to a minute...

It is not of interest, if it is a P2 or a P3. How many MHz? How many
RAM? I have Zope running on a P166 with 64MB RAM for demonstration only
(sic!) It starts the server in about 30 - 45 seconds. On our product
servers (www.zopehosting.ch) restarting Zope takes about 5 seconds
(Redhat, not micros~1.oft).

We are speaking here of the starting of a server environment, not of
micros~1.oft Word (which takes about the same time). So what is your
problem?

--
Goeldi.com - Internet Services