[Zope] Re: Speeding up Zope startup

Christopher Quinn cq@htec.demon.co.uk
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:59:16 +0100

No experience to speak of, but just having read the python tutorial, I=20
see mention of its ability to write out .pyc files alongside the .py,=20
and this compiled bytecode form yields faster startup times. If zope was =

installed for multi-users, the ownership probably does not allow for=20
such files to be written, although this does not trouble python.
So perhaps arranging for all .py files in the zope installation to be=20
pre-compiled?

- chris