[Zope] Local Roles via LDAP? NuxUserGroups?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:23:15 +0100

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> why not local roles?

'cos Local Roles are ZODB-based. I want them to be based on roles
defined in an LDAP repository, maybe that's not necessary though?

> you could have location-based roles by creating another LDAPUserFolder
> in the location where people are supposed to get different roles. that
> one would have to look at a different place in the LDAP directory tree
> where the group/role records are different.

True, although that's like the old 'have multiple acl_users at different
places in your ZODB, just make sure the usernames and passwords are the
same' which didn't scale well ;-)

cheers,

Chris