[Zope] Keeping my promises - writing tutorials for Zope

Philip Kilner zope@zope.org
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:36:01 +0100

Hi Heimo,

In article <3D414B95.3090306@fountainpark.org>, Heimo Laukkanen wrote:
> This is the beginning of my small contribution to the community. Hope
> this helps and someone else will also want to contribute.

I'd like to contribute to this.

> What I would
> like to hear from everyone else is, what things should be covered and
> how, to which other resources and how-to's I should link to and -- the
> most important part -- ' Hey nice idea, I could write about this thing'
> or 'yes, I commented to the wiki just a couple of minutes ago'.

Specifically, as well as more general stuff, I'd like to target an
audience that I think is less well served by current Zope docs than coders
and developers - people, like me, who are "mere" implementors. I often
refer to what I do as "stringing other's pearls" - assembling and tweaking
products, integrating them with each other and a look and feel generally
arrived at by a third party as static HTML. Zope lends itself well to
these tasks, but most docs, and much list traffic here, is more suitable
for coders and developers, and goes over the heads of some of us...

HTH!

Cheers,

PhilK