[Zope] problems with SiteRoot in Zope 2.5.1

Ria Marinussen marinus@cs.utwente.nl
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:11:12 +0200

Hi,

I installed and tested apache and zope (2.4.3).
I used SiteRoot to be able to use one page for both secure and non-secure
access.
(using http://www.zope.org/Members/unfo/apache_zserver_ssl)

Everything works perfectly.

Now I want to transfer my site to the production server. I thought this
would be a nice opportunity to get the newest version of Apache and Zope.
Unfortunately in Zope 2.5.1 I don't seem to be able to get SiteRoot
functioning as ik does with Zope 2.4.3.

Has something changed in Zope or SiteAcces?

I know most people prefer VirtualSiteMonster.
Does anybody know whether it is possible to have a configuration with both
http and https directing to the same pages like the example in the above
mentioned document (apache_zserver_ssl)?

Thanks in advance.

Ria Marinussen
Webmaster Department of Computer Science
University of Twente
The Netherlands