[Zope] confirmation or redirect

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk@forbis.lt
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:35:07 +0200

On Monday 29 July 2002 16:08, Max M wrote:
> Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:
> >Umm... No. Why you should use this "JavaScript masturbation"? (sorry, =
this
> >phrase is taken from ESR essays :) -- no offence. To make yet another =
one
> >lynx-incompatible site which is *REQUIRED* JavaScript turned on?
>
> Bahh ... technology purists ...
No, technology for any. If we have a solution, which is available only fo=
Mozilla/5.0 Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.0 (BTW it's time to=
=20
patch your windoze) that solution is terrible.

> Let's see ... we have the most popular technology in decades called the
> web. Where the user has voted with their feets, almost all of them, tha=
> they want modern browsers. Ie. they have upgraded to newer versions.
Wait a moment. We have not a "modern browsers", but W3C, RFC and ISO's. C=
an=20
you point me to JavaScript *standard*? JS is SUN Microsystems Trademark,=20
originally called LiteScript. Actually, Microshaft hates SUN and pushes i=
ts=20
own Visual BASIC. JS is *optional* stuff and if user wanna use without JS=
 --=20
he is right. So if you use JS is not bad (anyway better than BASIC :). Bu=
t if=20
you use ONLY JS complicated solution -- that's lame IMHO.

> And then we should let the use be hampered by accomodating a few Lynx
> users? I don't get it.=20
That's does not matter you get it or not. You should provide compatibilit=
y by=20
standards, not by "what the software use my near friends". First, write J=
S=20
which detects JS availability. Second, turn to the way you have determine=
d.=20
Sure!, if you've build "Home Page of my favorite homepets" -- I guess you=
r=20
provider will not have so much pain with traffic overload. ;-)

You can do all, what is described over http://www.w3c.org

> The web is about looks and interaction as much as it is about the
> "hypertext ideal." Practically nobody wants to use Lynx.
FUD. A lot of www.amazon.com users use Lynx.

--=20
Sincerely yours, Bogdan M. Maryniuck

Microsoft Corp., concerned by the growing popularity of the free 32-bit
operating system for Intel systems, Linux, has employed a number of top
programmers from the underground world of virus development. Bill Gates s=
tated
yesterday: "World domination, fast -- it's either us or Linus". Mr. Torva=
lds
was unavailable for comment ...
(rjm@swift.eng.ox.ac.uk (Robert Manners), in comp.os.linux.setup)