[Zope] Desperate for some help with <dtml-tree> tag

Aseem Mohanty aseem@neurobehavioralsystems.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 01:13:29 -0700

Hi,
I have a LocalFS product on my web site, and I want ppl to be able to
see the file hierarchy as a tree structure (one provided by <dtml-tree>)
however when I use the dtml-tree tag in the following fashion (which I
got after a lot of trial and error when things didnt work: refer to
<dtml-tree>):

<dtml-tree name=tree_root branches_expr="fileValues()" id="fileIds">
  <dtml-var getId>
</dtml-tree>

where tree_root is the name of the folder (in LocalFS... e.g.
'local_fs_instance['folder_name']) I want. This produces some really
wierd behavior like single clicks not expanding the nodes. When and if I
do expand the nodes it contians the entire current structure which again
expands and collapses erratically and so on and so forth.

If anybody has ever used the tree tag with LocalFS I will be really
really really grateful for any pointers as to what I am doing wrong? or
what I should be doing?? or what I shoudl not be doing??

My understanding of the LocalFS (after perusing the source) is that
since it provides the tpvalues and tpids interfaces, I should not have
to do anything fancy if all I want is a list of folders and subfolders
(at the very least), so what am I missing here??

TIA
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes