[Zope] future direction (was "problems with SiteRoot in Zope2.5.1")

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:55:34 +0100

On Tuesday 30 Jul 2002 10:36 am, Breuer, Yvon wrote:
> >> Jack Coates:
> >> So, speaking as a perennial Zope newbie, I have to say that I'm gett=
ing
> >> nervous about seeing all the things that I use fall one-by-one into =
the
> >> "that's depreciated, use this other cool product instead." I don't t=
hink
> >> I have a right to complain, but I'm complaining any way :-)
> >
> > Charlie Reiman:
> > Technically, no, you don't have a right to complain but you do have a
> > very good point. I'd like to echo it and point out the problem is
> > exacerbated by zope.org not having a strong way of marking docs and
> > products as deprecated.

I dont think we need a specific way of tagging specific documents with=20
specific information..... All the information is out there in other=20
www.zope.org documents. Today you need to find it by searching, and it wo=
uld=20
be nice if there were better links, for example from product detail pages=
 to=20
those other pages that contian reviews and comparisons.

For the SiteRoot question; here is a link to my review of the options. It=
s=20
grossly out of date, but only because VHM 'won'.

http://www.zope.org/Members/htrd/howto/proxy_options