[Zope] Virtual PC: Running Linux and Zope in a virtual PC

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 04:14:21 +0300

Hi,

besides all the else testing, I am now testing Connectix's VirtualPC.
So far I've read quite good reviews and heard about success with
running Linux as a virtual computer in Windows.

I will be soon testing how it feels to run Linux and Windows same time
and do development on both. Basicly it could be possible to even run
multiple virtual computers and practise complicated ZEO-setups in one
single computer.

Why am I doing this?

Out of curiosity - and also because I am selling my Linux box. Running
VC could be an option for doing dualbooting. Of course there are the
ups and downs, but I have an itch that this could be a good way for
some Zope developers to do new things.

Any thougths or ideas for what to test and play?

-huima