[Zope] installing zope on ISPs server - in root dir, they say...

Michael michael@nichestaffing.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 21:33:12 -0600

My ISP installed Zope in /usr/local and set up an INSTANCE_HOME in my
personal directory.  Zope is owned by "nobody" so I had to be added to the
"nobody" group to be able to edit, delete etc.  We made a start script like:

$ nohup ./start STUPID_LOG_FILE=/some/log/filename & , as suggested by Chris
McDonough.  That worked great and it enabled me to ftp in without killing
Zope, which was happening before we adopted his script.

Michael