[Zope] Using SSL with Zope/Apache with url rewriting.

Alec Munro alec.munro@eoascientific.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:24:15 -0300

Chris Withers wrote:
>Alec Munro wrote:
>> virtual host monsters yet, I have almost no idea how to get SSL
>> working. I need a secure connection to Zope.
>
>Why? Surely that bit should be behind your firewall?
>
>cheers,
>
>Chris

I guess I misphrased it. I need a secure method of communication with
Zope. I want to be able to log in to the ZMI, or other administration
tools, from a remote location, without sending passwords flying across
the internet in cleartext. The server is a dedicated box in San Antonio,
and I'm in Halifax. I don't actually need the communication between
Apache and Zope to be secure, at least as long as they are behind the
same firewall.

I think I've got it figured out anyway, but I would still appreciate
suggestions.

Thanks,

Alec