[Zope] uploading, overwriting, and editing file (DTML Document)

Tom Germaine tgermaine@upei.ca
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:16:10 -0300

Good-day All:

I would like to delegate certain users rights to upload an html file (to
become a DTML Document), overwriting an existing file of same
name and then run a script to edit the file, substituting dtml tags for
lines at beginning and end of file.  I am confused as to the best way to
go about it.

I can have them upload a DTMLDocument as a Zope object (using a
form and DTML method, but cannot overwrite an already existing
object of same name and don't know how to access the object to edit
it as needed.  My guess is that I should write an external script to do
the editing, but am unsure of whether or not to upload to local file
system instead of Zope object and how to access file system files as
DTML Documents.

I have reviewed the FAQ on product LocalFS, but am unsure if I need
it, or if displaying DTML Documents stored in file system is the way
to go.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tom