[Zope] Trailing spaces in ids?

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:29:54 -0700

What makes you say you can't have spaces in object ids? It works fine for
me. Sure, they are inconvenient but you can create them all you want.

Should ZODB allow trailing spaces? Absolutely yes. Should the ZMI allow you
to create such objects? Probably not. Should internal APIs strip those
spaces when you list them? No, never. File a bug, but only on the last one.

I think Zope is essentially acting like Unix here. You can put whatever the
heck you want in a filename (except for '/'). You'll just have a really hard
time using the file if you use spaces, control characters, wildcards, etc.