[Zope] Subclassing Folder

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
03 Jun 2002 00:13:36 -0400

On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 20:38, Dan Shafer wrote:
> That chapter has so many typos and apparently out-dated information in it
> -- much of which has been noted in the file but not yet fixed, apparently
> -- that a newbie like me stands zero chance of understanding how to create
> a meaningful Zope product in Python.

Pointers to this outdated info and these typos in the form of comments
to that chapter would be appreciated.

BTW, I presume you mean developer-contributed comments when you say
"noted in the file"?  I don't understand how this is a bad thing.  Yes,
there are inconsistencies in the documentation, but isn't it better to
be able to read them inline than to have each reader rediscover them
fresh, given that we (ZC) really haven't been provided with the
resources to update the canonical docs in some time?

> Zope appears to be very strong for building object-oriented dynamic Web
> *sites* but not for creating Web services or applications.
>
> Am I wrong here? SOmeone please unlock this door for me if it can be
> unlocked. Alternatively, confirm my worst fears and I'll just find other
> ways to build these things I need to create.

What are you trying to build and specifically what isn't working for
you?

- C