[Zope] windows->linux migration

Kelley, Sean SKelley@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 09:55:28 -0700

Hi,
I am setting up a Zope/CMF based intranet on Windows 2000 and wish to be
able to migrate to Linux in the future.  I am trying to get an idea of what
is required.  Can one simply copy the zope database file into a zope install
on linux (with same versions of everything of course)?  Do files in the zope
install directory need to be copied as well?  I noticed (I am new to CMF)
that many CMF things are referenced off of the file system instead of the
ZODB which make me think I will need to at least copy some files over.  Has
anyone any idea on the best approach to a migration like this?

Sean Kelley
Technology Coordinator
City of Santa Rosa
Phone: (707) 543-3353