[Zope] How do reset a dtml-var

Chris Gray cpgray@library.uwaterloo.ca
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 15:21:13 -0400 (EDT)

A caveat about the REQUEST.set method:

There is a memory leak associated with this technique.  Use it as
sparingly as possible.

(This points to another reason for the dtml-let end tag -- garbage
collection.)

Before I found out about this, I used REQUEST.set quite freely with the
result that I now restart the Zope server automatically at regular
intervals to prevent the gradually swelling process from bogging down.

Chris