[Zope] *Simple* Zope product to implement a collaborative Web site

Jerome Alet alet@librelogiciel.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 16:00:39 +0200

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 03:46:37PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> > I think you could try to directly use Zope's Management Interface
> > which seems to fit correctly except maybe for the I18N and L10N...
>
> I should have precised that most of the users are not very fluent with
> computers and I'm afraid that the many options of Zope's Management
> Interface will frighten them.

If you don't have any "moderation" stage whenever an user put
content online, then I really think that the ZMI is ok.

Just use roles with the correct permissions and most unneeded
options will automagically disappear. Just don't give them
the Manager role.

AFAICT French is your worst problem here (and mine unfortunately)

bye,

Jerome "troll-o-matiq" Alet