[Zope] Tutorial glitch report

ERIC Lawson - x52010 eric@bioeng.washington.edu
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 16:20:05 -0700 (PDT)

While going through the tutorial (Zope 2.5.1 linux), I encountered no
conspicuous problems until I got to lesson 8.  In lesson 8, I altered the
photoAction document as specified in the instructions, by adding ",
title=photo_title" after "file=file" (and saving the changes).  Then I
attempted to view the document by clicking the View tab, whereupon Zope
returned an error:

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: global name 'file' is not defined

I took a guess at the problem, added double quotes around the "file" after
"file=", saved the changes and tried again to view it; the same error was
returned; I changed the double quotes to single and voila! a new error was
returned:

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: global name 'photo_title' is not defined

Okay, I saved a step this time by going straight to single quotes around
"photo_title", saved the changes, clicked the View tab, whereupon a new
error was returned:

Error Type: Bad Request
Error Value: Empty or invalid id specified.

This time my guess worked the first time:  I put something between the
(formerly empty) single quotes after "id=", clicked View, and got the
expected result.

Is this the right place for this kind of report?  Steer me to the right
place if not.

Eric