[Zope] ZOPE and Oracle

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 16:21:52 -0400

eric.n.dunn@bankofamerica.com wrote:

>I have a Zserver running on one server and an Oracle DB on another server.
>Does anyone have experince with ZOPE connecting to an Oracle DB on a
>separate server?
>If so, what do I need to connect ZOPE to Oracle?
>
>Eric Dunn

The 'best' way to do this is to make sure you also install the Oracle
client libraries on your Zope server box.  Without this, you need to use
some kind of SQL relay agent.  I think you are better off with the
Oracle client libraries.

The client libraries may be installed from the Oracle installation CDs.
  Once you get it installed, you can use the Net 8 administrator to
configure the tnsnames.ora file to identify your remote databases.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/