[Zope] Security leaking memory?

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:39:09 -0700

This is a possible bug, so:
 Zope 2.5.1
 Python 2.1.1

I know this isn't the latest python but right now this is just for inhouse
development. On with the bug!

I noticed I had 16k (yes, thousands) of Acquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper
objects. Since this site is hardly used, this seemed odd. After spending a
few hours isolating the issue, here's how I can reproduce it.

Create a folder in the root, call it "A".
Create a dtml document (call it "B") in the folder with this simple body:

<dtml-var title_or_id>

Change security on "A". In particular, change "Access contents information"
to:

acquire: no, anon: no, authenitcated: yes, manager: yes, owner: yes.

And save changes. From one browser window, visit "/A/B". In a separate
window, open the control panel's debug window. Each time you visit /A/B, the
number of Acquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper objects goes up by about
three. Repeat until it gets boring.

Can anyone else reproduce this? And is it a bug?

Charlie Reiman