[Zope] ImplicitAcquirerWrapper

Antwan Reijnen antwan@dexus.nl
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 11:08:12 +0200

Hi all,

I encountered a problem when trying to generate thumbnails from large images. My code is based on a chunk from zopelabs:

def makeThumbnail(self, imagename, width, height):

   # get the original large image
   oriImage = getattr(self, imagename)

   # convert it to a file
   oriFile = cStringIO.StringIO(oriImage.data)

   ... etcetera

It seems that oriImage.data is of <type 'string'> when a small image is passed, which is good. When a large image is used, the type of oriImage.data changes to <extension class Acquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper>...

Is this a memoryproblem? Or even a memorybug? What is this Acquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper class?

I use Zope 2.3.3 on Redhat 7.1.

Appreciate any advice...

TIA, Antwan.

Antwan Reijnen

DEXUS New Media
Metropole Office
Laan van Meerdervoort 70
2517 AN Den Haag
Tel 070-3114800
Fax 070-3656279
http://www.dexus.nl

DEXUS New Media maakt deel uit van de Metropole IT Group
http://www.metropole-it.nl

ICQ#: 7916222