[Zope] Zope authentication and IE6 nightmare

Aseem Mohanty aseem@neurobehavioralsystems.com
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 21:29:39 -0700

I have a simple user folder product that reads off users from a MySQL db
and uses ZSessions for session tracking. I am observing a strange
phenomena in IE.

When I try to logout if the product has been refreshed, the logout works
fine with the right user credentials, however after that it always calls
the logout method as Anonymous User. But if I press the back button and
try to see the logout page (authenticateed users only) it allows me to
see it and even allows me to refresh it (in the browser).

Also my logout process essentially sends a 401 reauthenticate to the
browser. After logout (privided I have logged in once)  if I try to see
a protected page, IE6 will try to authenticate once. But I can cancel
that and refresh the page and it happily sends back the credentials it
cached somewhere.

Has anybody else seen this problem and/or gotten around it??
TIA
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes