[Zope] RE: Zope group calendar

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 18:43:47 +0200

Charlie Fulton wrote:
> What I'm really looking for is something where users have their own
> schedule, and others can view and schedule meeting in their free time.
> Rather like domino or exchange does, but with the warm and fuzzy open source
> feel.  :)
>
> I suppose one could build on dtml-calendar to make something like this, but
> it seems like it would be a non-trivial project.
>
> Charlie

Not a zope app, but really nice and stable is tutos,
http://www.tutos.org

But, it does a lot more than calendaring functions (workgroup,
project management etc.)
We use it here, it's great and does all it promises without major
quirks. The last feature btw. is its greatest feature compared to other
open source offerings, IMO.

Porting this thing to zope (or parts of it) would really fit into a nice
niche in the zope product space.
It uses postgres or mysql as the database backend, it's database
structure is well thought out IMO and proofed in practice.

cheers,
oliver