[Zope] ZTP here vs container

Tim tim@xxvii.net
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 08:04:17 -0400

In the ZopeBook an example is given for listing all the information
for objects in the current folder. To make it work with subfolders
(ie. the page template stays in the root folder, but access it via
subfolders) I changed the container/ to here/, and it worked as
expected. The current folder objects were displayed rather than always
the root folder.

Now, i've been trying to use this technique to list the subfolder of
any accessed folder but it doesn't seem to work. For example (to
demonstrate), if i put this in a page template in my root folder:

And then access the page template from subfolders, i can see the value
of "container" always stays the same (of course), and the value of
"here" changes (as I'd expect), yet the list returned by
"here/get_folders" always stays the same, where i would expect it to
change with its context (but it continues to always list of folders
from the root container)...

Surely I am missing something simple?

(using Zope 2.5 on FreeBSD 4.5)