[Zope] Nested select or call a ZSQL method from another ZSQL?

Jorge O. Martinez jmartinez@eMediaMillWorks.com
Sun, 09 Jun 2002 17:53:04 -0400

Hi:

I am not sure what is the better way to go, but I need to do a select statement
  using some input from another zsql method. I tried using <dtml-var
sql_delimiter> but didn't get it work, the query is simple:

select * from foo
<dtml-sqlgroup where>
  id =
<dtml-var sql_delimiter>
select my_id from bar where user = VAR and class = CLA
</dtml-var sql_delimiter>
</dtml-sqlgroup>

(I know this looks horrible, but not sure what the right syntax would be for
that nested where and select statements.
--------------

The only value I pass to this method are VAR and CLA, I would then expect the
method to run the nested select query first, and then, once I got the value for
'my_id', I would like the outer select to be executed with the value I got from
the nested one. I am not having luck, is the above the right approach? Or would
it be better to just to a separate zsql method with the query inside
sql_delimiter? If so, what would be the syntax?

Thanks for any ideas before hand,

Regards,

Jorge M.

--