[Zope] importing/exporting

John P. Looney john@antefacto.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:32:58 +0100

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 08:24:24AM -0400, Jens Vagelpohl mentioned:
> like i said, you must make sure that the filesystem componentry is the same
> on both sides. gadlfly does not know about the zope export/import at all.
> you must copy all those files manually. export/import only affects data in
> the ZODB, it does not touch anything on the file system.
>
> synchronize those filesystem components, restart the site and see if that
> helps.

 Ah, OK. That makes sense.

 Well, I still can't cut and paste the objects that aren't Gadfly related,
like the old /index_html file. I did;

    imported everthing (not the gadfly filesystem stuff - that's at home)
    restarted zserver
    "copied" /Zope/index_html
    "pasted" into /

 And got a new error:

  "The object index_html does not support this operation"

 Interesting...this '/Zope' folder can't be renamed. Also, in the sidebar
(where there is an explorer-style tree view), there is a blank space where
the word "Zope" should be, under the control panel, to give this folder a
name. I can click on the folder icon alright, but instead of bringing me
to this /zope directory, it brings me to /.

 I'll just leave it maybe, and do the whole move myself tomorrow, copying
the binary databases etc. and all manually.

John

--
John Looney             Chief Scientist