[Zope] ZSQL Method question

Aseem Mohanty aseem@neurobehavioralsystems.com
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 03:43:51 -0700

Hi,
Thanks for the answer. The problem with the INSERT...SELECT option is
that it allows to insert rows(specific cols or not) from another table
to the current one. What I wanted to do by using some (if it exists)
form of ZSQL was :

insert into tbl (col1,col2.....) values (select col1 from tbl 1 where
...., val2, val3.....)

so as of right now what I would have to do is to run a select query,
bury the result in a request send it to another query that then runs a
insert into.....

If it were only a few inserts and stuff I woudlnt mind but when the
number of different tbls I have to use increases it slowly becomes
nightmarish to keep track of everything.

Thanks anyway.
AM