[Zope] Image Caching

Smith, Neil Neil.Smith@npower.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:42:11 +0100

I seem to remember having read something in the list before about problems
with caching of images, but I can't find it again.

Is there anything that would cause an image used multiple times on the page
not to be read from the cache?

I have a form that uses JavaScript to display itself, such that it can do a
sort of tabbed interface and add new lines to the form without going back to
the server.  This contains a  number of very small images that are
frequently repeated to build up the borders of the tabs etc.

This works well when used on the LAN, but I've now found that when used
across the internet, when the form redisplays itself, it takes forever to
build up the graphics, and you can see each individual image being slowly
loaded.  I'd thought it would have got the images from the cache.

It's Zope 2.4.3 running on NT4, just ZServer, no apache or anything, and the
browser is IE 5.

Any ideas?

--
Neil

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error and you must not copy, disseminate, distribute, use or take any action as a result of the information contained in it.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify postmaster@npower.com (UK 01384 275454) and delete it immediately from your system.

Neither Npower nor any of the other companies in the Innogy group from whom this e-mail originates accept any responsibility for losses or damage as a result of any viruses and it is your responsibility to check attachments (if any) for viruses.

Npower Limited
Registered office: Windmill Hill Business Park, Whitehill Way, Swindon SN5 6PB. Registered in England and Wales: number 3653277

This e-mail may be sent on behalf of a member of the Innogy plc group of companies.