[Zope] Parsed XML

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 21:44:54 -0700 (PDT)

I have been using the ParsedXML product. Anyone else out there with
experience using this product?

My immediate concern is performance.  Relatively simple operations take
long times.  For example, I have several related chunks of ParsedXML
ranging in size from 1K to 14K and averaging about 5K.  (Of course that
doesn't say much about the structural complexity, but it's fair to say
that each xml document has 20 to 100 nodes.  I have an External Method
that PrettyPrints the XML and writes the result to a file.  For the 60K
of XML it takes 72 seconds of (mostly) dedicated processing.

Any ideas why ParsedXML exhibits poor performance?