[Zope] Parsed XML

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:15:38 -0700

The minidom won't quite do what I need.   This particular project is a web-hosted
XML editor, really a development front-end for another system.  The ParsedXML product
holds and manages the corpus of the material being edited...

Now that I have a semi-working alpha-release it may be time to rethink the system and
redesign for performance and simplicity.  ParsedXM drags along a lot of mechanism that
I do not need.  In fact, my experience as been that XML and the DOM is not a great
internal representation--better to parse the XML into a more maleable data structure,
do what needs to be done, and reconstruct.

Comments & suggestions most welcome.

-d