[Zope] Versions and ftp and testing

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:52:24 +0200

Richard Wesley writes:
 > I am working on a Zope application and I am thinking it is time to
 > start using versions.  My first attempt ran into some interesting
 > problems and I was hoping that someone could help me out here.
 >
 > - How do I point a second browser at the version I am working with?
That's easy: you enter the version...

 > - How do I point my external editor at the version I am working with?
That's more difficult. If I had the need (I do not, because
I work with a private development site (without the need to use
versions), exchanging modifications via CVS/ZCVS and ZSyncer),
I would try to use a tool similar to VHM (VirtualHostMonster)
to translate path components into cookies.
Versions use a cookie to determine the active version.

Dieter