[Zope] worldpilot

Roger Oberholtzer roger.oberholtzer@surbrunn.net
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:01:27 +0200

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:11:18 -0400
Adam Manock <abmanock@earthlink.net> wrote:

> At 07:31 PM 6/13/2002 +0200, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> >Hello
> >
> >I have installed Worldpilot on Zope 2.5.0 on Linux. Overall, it
> >is pretty much working.
>
> It was designed for Zope 2.1.x, and is supposed to work with 2.2.x
> You say it pretty much works with 2.5.0???  ..  (oops I fell off my chair)

There were a few issues with imap and how some functions were called. I
think there was a doc on zope.org about this (unless I am confusing this
with another product). There is also something odd about the way you
select receipients in the mailer. That may just be a design thing.

> >My question is: does anyone know if it will continue to be maintained?
> >If not, is there another product that matches worldpilot's features
> >and nice interface?
>
> I doubt it, unless you want to start a new project picking up where they
> left off over a year ago. There still seems to be a lot of interest,
> 150+ downloads a month more than a year after the last release!!  :-)

Anyone know what happened to the original developers?

--

Roger Oberholtzer