[Zope] ZClass and Permissions

douwe@oberon.nl douwe@oberon.nl
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:50:22 +0200

Hi All,

I have a ZClass that I only want to be editable by certain persons, the same
persons that have permission to create instances of this object.

I created a new role with the 'Add My Class' permission enabled at the
directory where where this all should happen. Now logins with this role (and
this role only) can create instances of the Z-Class.

But they cannot modify properties. How do I accomplish that?

I tried going to the define properties tab of my Z Class and changing the
value at the right of 'Manage properties' dropdown from Disabled to 'Add My
ZClass', but this doesn't work and frankly, I don't really understand the
whole screen and can't seem to find any documentation that explains it.

Why are the permissions normally disabled, while any person with Role
manager can actually 'manage properties' or have 'webdav access'?

Any clues would be appreciated.

Douwe