[Zope] Performance question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:59:28 +0200

Dirk Datzert writes:
 > ... Zope performance test ...
 > In the monitor of web04 I see max 4 python processes running with 25%
 > CPU usage but only 35MB RSS.
You can increase the number of threads (processes on Linux) with
the "-t" Zope startup option upto 7. When you need further
increases, you must change the number of ZODB connections (code change).

 > How can I give Python more memory ? like 128MB for each python process
It takes it when it needs more.

 > How can I make Zope use a better caching ?
When your pages are mostly static, you put a SQUID before Zope.
Otherwise, you can look at Zope RAM Cachemanager.

 > I thing that the results of the request are not cached for next request
 > !
 > Is it better to use Apache with pcgi ?
I do not think so.

Dieter