[Zope] Best way to impliment ultralight security / restricted access schemes.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:53:55 +0200

Gary Speer writes:
 > ... folder based passwords ...
 > I know there are lots of ways to do this with typical html panashe.  I'm
 > looking for really cool ideas that use the power of Zope to keep this
 > really simple.  The semi-obvious is to make the first-time-access password
 > a property of the folder.  Its the remembering you've been there before
 > and automatically letting you back in that we are after via a database
 > record (preferred) or a cookie.
I would use a SiteAccess AcessRule for the respective folders
(or a custom folder with either a custom "__before_publishing_traverse_hook__"
or a custom "__bobotraverse__").
It would check the necessary preconditions for folder access and
raise an exception (maybe "Redirect" exception), when they are not
fulfilled.

Dieter