[Zope] MySQL on W2K - ZOPE 2.5

eric.n.dunn@bankofamerica.com eric.n.dunn@bankofamerica.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 08:33:51 -0400

I set it up on my personal W2K workstation.  Zope 2.5, mysql-3.23.51
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/download.php?file=Downloads/MySQL-3.23/mysql-3.23.51-win.zip

I used these directions with some tweaking/interpretation... ...  but I
couldn't follow directions but found this worked...

http://www.zope.org/Members/isalsberg/MySQLDA/Compiling_ZMySQLDA_%20win32

I downloaded the following:
1.
http://www.zope.org/Members/adustman/Products/ZMySQLDA/ZMySQLDA-2.0.8.tar.gz
2.  http://www.zope.org/Members/isalsberg/MySQLDA/BuildMySQLDA.zip
3.
http://telia.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/mysql-python/MySQL-python-0.9.1.tar.gz

4.  Place the uncompressed "ZMySQLDA-2.0.8.tar.gz" = ZMySQLDA  into the
/lib/python/Products/  dir
5.  Place the
"_mysql_exceptions.py" file ,
"CompatMysqldb.py"  file, "MySQLdb" dir.
from the "MySQL-python-0.9.1"
dir into "zope-home/bin" dir
6.  Place the "BuildMySQLDA\MSVC6\Release\_mysql.dll" file into
"zope-home/bin" dir

I ran out of time but I didn't receive any errors on restarting Zserver and
I was able  to create a Database connection, create a table, and query a
table.
Beyond that... I'm still in the discovery phase...
Hope this helps

Day Irmiter <dayi@peoplepc.com> on 06/16/2002 12:22:39 AM