[Zope] [REQ] Support for multi-lingual components of TextIndexNG wanted

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:03:31 +0400

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 08:51:26AM -0400, Andreas Jung wrote:
> - normalization
>
>   Normalization means the translation of special characters
>   or a sequence of characters to a more simpler form, e.g.
>   'Ä' -> 'Ae',  'ä' -> 'ae', ´ß' -> 'ss' or a more radical
>   reduction like 'Ä' -> 'A',  'ä' -> 'a', ´ß' -> 's'.
>   Such a reduction allows more fault tolerant searching.
>
> At the moment TextIndexNG supports only German and English.

   What about non-iso8859 languages? How can I create normalization rules
if my language does not have any mapping to latin alphabet?

Oleg.
--
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru