[Zope] Serious write-performance issue with multiple threads.

Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:38:51 +0100

On Monday 17 Jun 2002 7:15 pm, Arnar Lundesgaard wrote:

> We followed the procedure in
> http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/debugspinningzope. The hang is indeed a
> spinning process (thread) as it always uses 99.9% CPU when Zope stops
> responding; attaching to the main process in a hang situation and
> looking at the responsible thread invariably shows it to be in
> chunk_free() in libc somewhere downstream from pickleCache. Zope will
> usually "unhang" itself after about 10-15 minutes of spinning.

You may already know that cPickleCache has been completely rewritten for =
Zope=20
2.6. If the old cPickleCache is always part of your problem, then maybe a=
n=20
upgrade could help.

If you dont want to tackle a full upgrade of Zope right now, I understand=
 that=20
the imminent release of StandaloneZODB can be used to upgrade the ZODB bi=
ts=20
of an old Zope.=20