[Zope] RE: [Zope]best DBMS with Zope?

John Schinnerer johnschinnerer@yahoo.com
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:36:31 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy,

A while ago there was a thread with ZODB and 'external' RDB (MySQL,
etc.) usage comparisons.  Gist was that what would be most efficient
overall depended on the nature of the data and how it was
used/accessed/manipulated.  In general I recall reading this:

If data changes frequently/constantly, RDB 'outside' zope was said to
be better.

If data relatively static, ZODB was said to be better.

Reason given for difference was something to do with ZODB
overhead/bloating of data.fs/something like that when data is
frequently changed.

Any further clarifications welcomed... ;-)

John S.