[Zope] Extract contacts from MS Exchange?

Wil Cooley wcooley@nakedape.cc
19 Jun 2002 08:42:33 -0700

--=-0oWXAQPgf3yQjC+8ZtMe

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 08:19, Timo A. Hummel wrote:
> >Does anyone know of any Zope/Python code to extract Contacts from a MS
> Exchange server,=20
> >into some format that I can then import into Zope/CMF Contacts (for
> which I've already=20
> >made a product)?
>=20
> Connecting to Exchange Servers is a hot open source issue already, but I
> don't think there's a solution for that yet. As far as I remember from
> my Exchange admin times, there's the possibility to export data on a
> scheduled basis (CSV or even LDAP) which you could parse.

If your Exchange is backed by ActiveDirectory, you can use the normal
LDAP tools/libraries/Python modules to get at the data; you wouldn't
necessarily even need to extract & import, since you can get to it
directly.  Of course, I know nothing about the limitations or needs of
CMF, so maybe that isn't possible.

Wil
--=20
W. Reilly Cooley                           wcooley@nakedape.cc
              * Linux and Network Consulting *
irc.linux.com                                     #orlug,#lnxs

The most costly of all follies is to believe passionately in the
palpably
not true.  It is the chief occupation of mankind.
		-- H.L. Mencken

--=-0oWXAQPgf3yQjC+8ZtMe

--=-0oWXAQPgf3yQjC+8ZtMe--