[Zope] Solution: External Edit and cygwin under W2k

Warnes, Gregory R gregory_r_warnes@groton.pfizer.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:07:01 -0400

Hmm.  This works:

- Create zopeedit.bat file containing:

	START C:\python22\pythonw.exe "C:\Program
Files\ZopeEdit\zopeedit.py" %1

- Edit the zopeedit.py script to explicitly specify the location of
ZopeEdit.ini

- In ZopeEdit.ini put

	editor = C:\cygwin\bin\bash --login -c 'xemacs \'%1\''

- Point the application/x-zope-edit helper to the zopeedit.bat file.

This variant, however, has the disadvantage of leaving a full size command
window (created by bash.exe) up during the editing.

Also, I haven't been to skip the batch file by Mozilla the pythonw call
directly.  I'm not sure why, but it just fails to work for me.

Anyway, I'm going back to the cygwin python method I gave before.

-Greg